Thread: Wisdom needed!
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jcfollower

Question Wisdom needed!

I loaned my XRABF a large chunk of change (I know, I know--baaaad idea--trust me, I have sufficiently flogged myself, *but* it was a legitimate need unrelated to his disease, albeit a rescue) and now he is in a position to begin paying me back, which of course I have been terrified that he won't. He gave me a significant piece of collateral (sentimental and financial value) at his insistence, and I won't return it until he's paid me back 100%.

Here's where I need the wisdom: he gave me a business address to stop by today, anytime, to pick up a portion of the $. I am feeling a bit nervous Nellie, worried that he is a) setting me up to be embarrassed, b) telling me there'll be $ when there won't, c) giving me a check that will bounce....I feel ashamed and embarrassed, and that is on -me-, I realize, but once again -he- is pulling the strings. I sent him a message saying that something's come up, I don't think I can make it by, and can -he- drop it off to me at my store this evening. Part of me thinks I have to play by his rules if I want the $, but part of me also hopes that he will be kind and do the right thing himself. Any input is greatly appreciated.