View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 04:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I don't understand how someone can be physically unable to stop drinking even when they're in such a terrible state.
I do understand that feeling, but then again being an alcoholic that is the way I drink when I drink, I swear I will contol it this time but 90% of the time control is out of the question & if I do manage to control it then I am totally miserable sitting around thinking of nothing but drinking more.

What I have come to learn once I admitted I was an alcoholic is that it is far easier for me to not drink at all then it is to try & control the beast within. The way I do this is one day at a time applying priniciples I have learned to my daily life, principles that allow me to live life in such a manner that there is never a reason to drink.

The thing every person with an alcoholic in their lifes need to understand is that the best thing they can do for the alcoholic in thier life is NOTHING!!!! Do not buy them booze, do not lend them money, do not bail them out of bad situations even jail.

The best thing you can do is to take care of your self, set boundaries with him, a great place to learn how to do this & find experienced support is ALANON.

Check out the Friends & Family forum here, lots of good folks there that are learning how to deal with us alcoholics both the wet ones & the sober ones.

Keep yourself number one, do not let his possible problem become yours, you can not control his problems.