View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 12:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LifeIs

Welcome Wilson,

I loved having wine with my lunch and dinner, couldn't have lived without it. Water? ugh, Sitting out in a cafe watching people go by, with a champagne or G&T, mojito, you name it, paradise. Nothing new here.

I quit because, after retiring (when I didn't have to be sober to do my 8 hours every day), I just drank more and more, isolated myself more and more. You see, hardly anyone knew I was an alkie, well except those closest to me, but I could blow them off, they didn't know what they were talking about.

Well, I was only fooling myself. You say yourself that the drinking is affecting your marriage and I would really like to know what the "pleasure" is your getting from it. Is that falling of your bike, down the stairs, making your wife sad, the DUIs, the hangovers, etc? What could be pleasurable about all that?

I wish I could be that person that could just have "one", enjoy the sunset and go home, but it would never, ever stop there.

The only way for me, was to quit, 8 days sobriety today, and never been happier. Keep with us, post and read, read, read. So many people have so much to share here. Make your decision, only you can do that for yourself.

Wish you the best of luck.