View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Snarf
Snarf Snarf

Thanks for joining us! I've heard more than once that if you think there is a problem, there most likely is. If nothing else, your drinking seems to be bothering you, so what's the point in doing something that will cause you worry?

Sorry, but I really can't identify with "not wanting a drink" (well, not until these last 11 days, anyway). I'm a real alcoholic. I always wanted a drink. And I did worry about my drinking, but I blew it off. Until people close to me commented on it. Blew them off. Then came the run-ins with the law. Hard to blow those off.

As you said, if you're wondering if there's an issue you need to deal with, it's entirely possible there is. I wondered for a long time, till wondering wasn't an issue any longer. I had what some refer to as a "moment of clarity" or "spiritual experience" or "divine intervention" or whatever. In that instant, I knew there was a problem, and the problem wasn't the alcohol; it was the way I consumed alcohol.

There are many different people here with thousands of years of drinking and at least hundreds of years of sobriety. Stick around. There's lots of great advice and assistance on these boards.

Best of luck to you and thanks for coming!