Thread: My New Journey
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EndlessNight

My New Journey

Hello All,

I first came across this site quite a while ago. Since then, after a typical binge, I wake up in the morning feeling guilty and depressed, log onto the computer and read some of these amazing messages. I did not want to post my first message back then because I did not want to be accountable for giving up drinking as I thought I would be able to "reduce" my drinking, i.e. just have two drinks when I go out, three on special occasions. I have since learned that that is every Alcoholic's dream. I planned to give up drinking in February for a month to give my body a rest and did not find it too difficult to stick to my plans. When I started drinking again in March, it was moderate but then soon I was right back to binging, blacking out, making pest phonecalls, the lot. I read someone's post here on this Forum and it stated something that has stuck with me: "it is easy to give up drinking, but hard to stay sober". I planned to have my last drink this Easter and had it last night. Wish me luck.