View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
BurningChrome

Originally Posted by this View Post
may i add i was an intravenous drug user (speed /heroin/ whatever) for many many years before. I have been illigal drug clean for 10 years this year .But seem to of always needed something, if that makes sence..God knows what i will do without a substance
Hey Pete, Yeah.... Makes _Total_ sense!! That was my biggest fear/concern/worry/etc., was what to do with all the TIME I would have where I was not at work, my wife was out, I was alone and for years spent that time getting sloshed, was easy to pass the time then, play a computer game, watch a recorded tv show for the 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) time as if it were new because I could not recall my viewing it the first time, whatever, but sober, OMG.... WHAT TO DO??!! Well, you ease back into old interests, develop new ones, spend more time on the phone re-connecting with friends you've become distant from due to your using, whatever it takes.
Hang in there, as another member told me here my first week, I won't have to ever go thru this hell again, if I _choose_ not to, this CAN be the last time!! Be strong, talk to whoever you have to, post here alot and you will get _Alot_ of support from people who do not know you but know expicitly what you are going thru and really do care! Walk to road you have to brother, best regards,
Peace,
..Mike