View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 08:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by Womble View Post
I feel embarressed to be there, I have let them all down, I can't even be a reliable alcoholic...what to do????? Now I have lost the 3 days I had and that makes me feel even more stupid...I was not even out in a drinking situation argghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Hi Womble,

You have not let anyone down. You are an alcoholic. Can you relate to this?

The fact is that most alcoholics, for reasons yet obscure, have lost the power of choice in drink. Our so-called will power becomes practically nonexistent. We are unable, at certain times, to bring into consciousness with sufficient force of memory of the suffering and humiliation of even a week or a month ago. We are without defense against the first drink. Page 24
I was without any defense against the first drink and just knowing that I was an alcoholic was not enough to keep me sober, nor was swearing off, changing my lifestyle, one day at a time, positive thinking, going to meetings. None of it worked for me because all of those methods were down to my own will power.

The only way I have been able to stay sober is by working the 12 Step program of AA because the 12 steps takes me from will power to a Higher Power. You already have indictated that you have come to believe in your Higher Power. If you work the steps you will come to actually know your Higher Power. You really will have a life that you cannot even imagine now beyond your dreams. The problem of alcohol will be removed.

Please go back to those meetings, you will be welcome there. Everyone understands why you have been drinking. It would benefit you to find a sponsor, someone who has had a spirtual awakening, as a result of working the 12 steps. Why don't you ask them to show you how to do it.
Keep posting.