View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 09:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
shugabooga

i don't visit as often as i should but i've just read all of this, neo. i'm mostly sober these days; pleased with my efforts so far.

this boredom you speak of. i can relate. i think my boredom can also be equated to lonliness and lack of social stimulation. we have to reach out in our recovery. even just two days off from work and i go nuts and can't wait to get back to work to see everybody. i'm lucky that my co-workers are all vibrant and fun!

i am involved in mosaics and jewelry making and love both, but i still get bored so very easily. this is just the way i am! i have to accept myself this way and fight to keep myself stimulated and busy. my attention span is that of a little puppy!

i think some of this mental and emotional anquish we feel has to do with underlying mood disorders that need treatment outside of AA, but could also benefit from AA.

i must say, for you, thank goodness you are fighting this at such a young age. i wish i had. you can only imagine how much pain you are sparing yourself. and yes, i know, it doesn't seem fair. i'm a bartender and i watch people who can come in and have a few glasses of wine with a friend and stay calm and have a good conversation and leave and go home and get up and go to work the next day. i resent it.....i wish i could do the same thing. but i know that even just two glasses of wine will make me feel bad THE ENTIRE NEXT DAY! everybody's different.