Thread: Most people?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 04:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by NEOMARXIST View Post
The people who seemingly never suffer and everything is happy, joyous and free never post about what they are feeling or anything happening in their journey whatsoever but instead offer little but to make you feel belittled for sharing where you're at.
Hi Neo,

All I am offering is my experience of AA - that is the 12 Step program which is Alcoholics Anonymous.

You go to AA so you know how sharing works. You are welcome to share anything you want to and if getting all your feelings out there helps you and your recovery, then that is how it should be.

When I share, I am working Step 12. I carry this message - this message being that I have had a spirtual awakening as a result of these steps. This is what Alcoholics Anonymous is about and why the rooms of AA exist. People who carried this message to me, saved my life.

As to always being happy, joyous, free. Yes, most of the time I am. Today I had a resentment. I felt restless, irritable, discontented. For three hours I was studying my AA books, writing my inventory, (shouting at my son a lot) sharing my inventory with someone on the phone and praying until I got to the point of being happy, joyous and free again. All I wanted to do was be free from the resentment because living with resentment is not a way that I want to be any more.

I wouldn't share these troubles on a Newcomers to Recovery forum because talking in detail about doing inventory and doing Steps 4, 5, 6 and 7 is not what people who are thinking about quitting drinking/or have just quit would really find relevant.

I do quite regularly reach out for help on SR - but I do it in the 12 Step Alcoholism forum. (If anyone is interested in learning more about the program of AA and how to recover from alcoholism, it is a great place to visit.)

You suggest you feel belittled? I always read your threads and see a great deal of encouragement, support, help and praise in the responses you get.