View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
MissFixit

HI,

My exA was very secretive about money. He inherited a lot after his father died (like millions a lot). Anyway, he started complaining about money two years ago. But, insisted that he was very well off. He spent loads of money.

The woman he married claimed to have millions too. She had a very nice house and car (her ex-fiance before my exA actually purchased those for her, but that came out later). The week after their wedding, her house went into foreclosure. She also had a bankruptcy in her past and was fired from her previous job (all this was secret at the time). Six months after they married his debts came out of the woodwork. He lives at a country club and is about to be kicked out for not paying fees and assessments in addtion to almost getting kicked out of another club for not paying back dues. Neither of them were honest about finances.

When I was with him, I used to create budgets and ask him to please help me with the numbers as I wanted us to be financially solid always. I am a little OCD about it. He never would work on that with me. Now I know why.

For your own protection, you need to know what your financial situation is. You are married, so HIS is part of YOURS.