View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hevyn
Community Greeter

Clipper, your story is my story! Almost everything is the same, except I'm older. I, too got a DUI (two in fact) and was humbled/terrified when that happened. My drinking had reached another level - I was sloppy and stupid, and my life was chaos. There was no more control. I could no longer fool myself that I could ever return to being a social drinker.

I was without insurance when I detoxed too, & had to do what you're doing - drank less until I was able to stop. Cold turkying without medical supervision is not recommended, due to the possibility of stroke or seizure. I know we're not supposed to give medical advice, so I'll leave it at that. Please be careful.

I hope you'll find SR to be the life saver that I did. It's reassuring to know we're not alone anymore. The people in our life who don't have an addiction problem can't truly understand what we go through. I was still drinking when I came stumbling in to SR. My friends here helped raise me up out of despair and gave me the courage to finally stop all together. Congratulations on your decision - let us hear more from you!