View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 11:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Thanks everyone for the replies. Some great inspiring messages there and they really helped me.

Felt a lot better today about everything. Someone asked me just before I left work tonight what my plans for this bank holiday weekend and I replied simply "staying sober mate". They are my plans. Of course I will do other stuff and just generally enjoy chilling but for me I am an alcoholic so sobriety has to be my NO1 priority.

In relation to any "danger zone" I make sure that I get my thoughts out here on SR and voila, reality check and things get sorted out in my mind! I love many of the responses and have got a lot out of them, so thankyou.

I think there is a tendency to try to undermine all of the successes that I have actually made on my part in sobriety. That is my self-jeopardising personality coming out I guess, but i recognise it and get it all outthere.

I felt a lot better today and don;t foresee any problems with staying sober one day at a time as per usual! Grateful for that again.

I can relate to my feelings/psyche being like a wave, in sobriety I find that these "funks" rear their head at times but once you are through them the feelings you get is fantastic and full of such clarity and peace.

It really helps too to know that I have inspired people and I am gonna keep on inspiring! I have lost too much through drink and drugs already at 24 to let that bitch ever back into my life again!!

I have too much to give this world than to crawl up in a ball of self-pity and just drink myself to oblivion all alone. Been there done that and got sober.

Thanks again to everyone at SR who has helped me more than you will know...

Peace and Love to all xx