Old 03-31-2010, 04:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Cornczech

I guess the biggest thing is that I am afraid......what the heck am I gonna do when the madness comes back, (and it will).....when I am stuck after 3 days of insomnia, (I can go 4 days solid without sleeping....had the insomnia BEFORE the alcoholism..as well as the anxiety/bi-polar...whatever the mental illness of the week is....)....

As for the seizure question....I was labeled as epileptic...(I have had several concussions in my life....) because I fit the parameters, (I was told epilepsy most times cannot be pinpointed as to WHY or HOW one got it...) I just thought it was strange that I started to get seizures 2 months after I got out of rehab......(I was drinking 8 beers a day...MORE on weekends...taking sleeping pills, pills for nausea...Seroquel...and smoking enough pot to stock a Grateful Dead concert.....)so...here I went from slamming my brain with all these chemicals to stay calm...and suddenly...I just have the Ambien, Seroquel and Phenergan......I would have a seizure every month...once a month...at the friggin full moon, (no kidding...I am a lycanthrope, ya'll!)...then I started to drink heavier around the New Year, (my last seizure was on January 5th.....around the full moon) and have not had a seizure since.....but I also am almost back to drinking daily......(I still don't drink on the weekends....and no more than 2 on the days I work....not counting the week long binge I was on because I was off all last week....sigh) So....I secretly think the seizures are related to my drinking somehow......but the MD's don't...(but I ALSO didn't TELL my neurologist that I was back at drinking again...)
I will look into the AA.....thanks for the meeting list......