Old 03-30-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
ghal

Corn, I feel for you and can tell you are frustrated. I do have a hard time understanding where your GP is coming from though. Also, did I read that you were 2 months sober and then had a seizure and alcohol was the cause? That would be extremely odd if so.

Anyway, I do go to AA and one of the stronger members of my group is an Atheist. If you want to go there, let people know how you feel and find someone who got sober that way. Here is the link to Chicago AA Chicago AA Meeting Directory - GSO Area 19 (I just searched ad found 11 Atheist/Agnostic meetings a week there) If you don't go to AA,no worries, there are other ways.

The bottom line is you can't get sober while your stil drinking, as you know. I would simply suggest that you find a new Internal Med DR and go tell them exactly what you have told us. I am almost sure someone will help you with this issue.

God Bless you and remember that we all care about you because you are one of us. This disease sucks but we all must hang together to fight it!!