Old 03-30-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sev
Friend of Bill W.

Hi Cornczech. I can only share with you my experience, and am in no way saying that this will be yours. It is mine and mine only. I was diagnosed BP long before I ever drank. Not just the run of the mill BP, but a very rapid cycler. I was on several different meds, highest possible doses just to try to keep the symptoms at bay. Then I discovered alcohol. My cycles went even more rapid and life, as I knew it, became far from manageable.

Anyhoo....long story short, I quit drinking and used the AA program to solve my living problem. I still have difficult days. But I can manage without medication today. Again, this is my experience only. I do know that if I convince myself that it is impossible and can't be done, well then that's my answer. I had very close contact with my psychiatrist the whole time, and did this under his care and direction. I have been off of medications for over a year now.

If this post is outside of forum guidelines, please delete it. Again, I can't stress enough, this is only my experience. I just had to be willing to let go of my alcohol and take a look at the real problem.

Good luck to you. I hope for only the best for you.