Old 03-29-2010, 10:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

I will not do drugs today because I have my last midterm of the semester this week and I have a very real chance of getting a 4.0 GPA this semester.

[Related note: I remember one exam a couple years ago I studied hard for. If I had spare time my nose was in the textbook, my boyfriend was in the class too and we made flashcards and quizzed each other relentlessly for a week before the exam. We woke up at 4:00 am to study the morning of the exam. On the exam there was one question I couldn't answer, I knew the rest cold. He and I turned in our exams at the same time, the first two finished. I got a 97%, he got a 96. It felt better than any drug I have ever done; when I walked out of that exam I knew I pulled off one for the ages. A few years later I look back on it as one of my favorite memories from undergrad, and wish neither of us had started doing drugs. It ruined our grades, made us hate ourselves and each other, I have friends who used to get straight A's and now can't get out of bed unless there's a pill involved, had a friend OD and die about a year and a half ago. Mostly it just makes me sad to think about it, all the what-ifs. I remember how happy I was, how easily I made friends, how guys used to flirt with me (and how my boyfriend would get mad about it), how good a person I was. I've learned a lot, and I'm starting to get it back but I don't think losing it was really worth the cheap high]