View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
jackfrost

Point taken

You make some good points and yes, in addition to the "good times" there is a very deep pool of "not so good" experiences related to alcohol to draw from. I will keep that in mind the next time I am tempted. Very good advice, thank you.

By the way, I am not a fan of the "HFA" terminology either and don't want that one sentence from original post to distract from what drew me to the site in the first place; a place to find support and comraderie in this difficult struggle.
Finally, I am as I claim to be. Why else would I be here?

thanks again,

jack

It's really important not to romanticize your past (or future, or ANY) drinking experience and hopefully you will find a way to get that under control. Maybe try to focus on what your drinking has cost you, or some of the "less than great" experiences you have had with alcohol. It's not all sipping wine at the ski lodge, right? If you are as you claim (an alcoholic, highly functioning or otherwise) you MUST have such experiences and feelings with regards to alcohol, yes? I'd get in touch with them or I can almost guarantee you will find that Cab and/or that Margarita in your hand in no time.[/QUOTE]