Old 03-27-2010, 08:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Recovery1983

Hey Burning Chrome, glad to hear that you have 30 days. That is great news! Also, I wish a healthy recovery for your wife. I'm a couple of days away from 30 days and I'm posting a lot on here. Even though, we might not have many days of sobriety, it doesnt mean that we dont have past experiences. You mentioned that you have tried several times to quit and it resulted to many relapses. I'm sure you learned something from those relapses or even if you didnt, you at least know what didnt work, right? I'm in the AA program and I believe that every person who has the desire to quit drinking carries the message. Basically, people share their stories, whether 10 days sober or 10 years sober, in order to maybe keep another person in the meeting sober for just another day or even another hour.

I came from a meeting yesterday and they emphasized on the fact that an alcoholic with 15 years of sobriety is no better than a person with 30 days of sobriety. In AA, we learn to just take one day at a time because we are all susceptible to relapsing the very next day. I dont know if you do work a program but i'm sure you have read on this forum that it is highly recommended to find a program. Anyways, I digress. Great job on the 30 days!