Thread: Wish Me Luck!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Charlotte2276

Wish Me Luck!

Here I go for the weekend down home. Lots of challenges ahead for someone with only 12 days. Dinner with the family (always a tough one..EVERYONE drinks..except for me of course ...Then to a club later to see all my old friends (where my husband's band is playing)...

One of the things that may save me is before the club I'm going to a friends house who's husband just moved out today. She gave him an ultimatum. Stop drinking, go to your meetings or leave..He chose to leave his family.
So, I'm going over to lend some support to her and her daughter...If you're trying not to drink no better place to go to then a house that was broken apart from alcohol..

Then its off to the club (after I drop the kids off)..The great news about that is I'm driving myself and that means I won't drink for sure. It will be hard but I don't drink and drive (my best friend was killed by a drunk driver)

Sunday is a full day of family YIKES!!..I have my Perrier packed and my list of reasons why I don't want to drink.

I'm already a bit down on myself which doesn't help. I gave into my lent promise today (gave up potatoes) but I figured if I was giving up alcohol I could switch it up with that and besides...I'm not even catholic...lolol

Last year I gave up alcohol and made it...How ironic!