Old 03-26-2010, 08:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BurningChrome

Thank you everyone for your words and messages of support, they truly do help me in a big way! Just an FYI, took my wife to her spine/pain management doctor this morning and then her cardiologist to discuss her blood thinner usage, as she needs Coumadin to not throw a clot (she had decades old afib and 2 fake heart valves), but we find that she is very sensitive to her coumadin dosage and has a higher risk of internal bleeding than throwing a clot. Anyway, after all that, I took her to a well deserved nice dinner (with delicious iced water to drink, Hehe, :-), then took her to a Talbots clothing store and let her shop for almost 3 hours. It's just amazing how how much your tolerance grows with someone you love after almost losing them 3 times :-)

Still alcohol free and see no reason to go back. My wife has more physical testing next Monday and a lower spinal MRI next Tuesday to detect any additional bleeding, may go back to work shortly after that.

Sigh, I do so much miss my evening shots to relieve more stress than I feel I deserve, but... slowly learning other ways to deal with that. It took me a decade to get into my current alcohol "dependency" situation, I know it will take me some time to more fully get over it. Having two direct blood relatives who had serious alcohol problems, I knew better than to start ever drinking and did it anyway, as Homer Simpson says: "DOAH!! Stupid brain!!". Again, not as much time to post here as 'd like but I do read postings by others every chance I get. Just wanted to pass on that my wife is doing worlds better than she was just a week or so ago and that in itself, makes it easier on me. I wish everyone else here the strength and will to do what they know they must do!

Peace,

..Mike