Old 03-25-2010, 03:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BurningChrome

Just over a month and doing well, despite daily pressures

Last drink, 2/20 (a.m.). Hung tough. My wife is a coumadin patient and a bleeder, has had 2 near fatal bleeding incidents in her past. Just recently had another and 2 trips to the ER and then admitted to a local hospital last week, (she just got out today), really took a toll on me but I did not drink. It's like when I quit smoking in 2000, once I was set firmly in my mind that that behavior was no longer optional for my long term existance, it was a no brainer to stop, tho the cravings lasted, it was easier to say no. Drinking was the same, I "relapsed" many times in past attempts, but last month, I decided drinking was no longer optional for my survival and for those who depended on me. Touch and go for abit, but did not cave. Still alcohol free for just over a month after many, many years of daily drinking and many past attempts at quitting. I have been too pre-occupied with my wifes health to post much here, tho I have been reading posts here whenever I had time. I am not qualified to reply to postings here as I am still "recovering", but every post I read here helps me stay comitted to my long term goal.

Just wanted to pass on my continued "success" and thanks for all the people here who gave me confidence and strength to carry on and do the hard thing in the short term to better exist in the long term.

Thanks greatly for everyone here for their moral support, I am gratefull for it every day!

Peace,
Mike