Thread: Frustrated...
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
chicubs1

I was a lot like your husband and my wife thought all the same things. The only difference was on the days I didn't drink, I was a model husband, father, and all-american guy. But the 3-5 days a week I drank, watch out. I drank to get drunk. IMO, he needs to find his bottom. My wife, best friend, and a few other well intentioned friends and family members tried all sorts of tactics to get me to quit. Keeping me away from it didn't work. Ultimatums didn't work. Leaving me alone at the bar didn't work. My favorite local bar even tried to help. Nothing did. My bottom was waking up passed out in front of my son sitting quietly over me after blacking out following a nasty fight with my best friend and groping a couple of female friends did the trick. It was at that moment I realized I could lose everyone and everything I cared about and I needed to make a change. I quit cold turkey and haven't had a drink in 3 months and although it's still a struggle, I feel much better and have begun the process of repairing a lot of damaged relationships. It won't be easy on you or your husband, but it is worth the pain and far better than another daylong hangover.