View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
helluvacook

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I'm glad I'm here and I'm glad I'm sober. It felt good to wake up sober today. You know that feeling when you first start to stir awake....and you say "oh no, what did I do last night, is my husband mad at me...etc" What a relief to realize that I did not drink last night and my conscience is clean for today.

The night before last, (and the last time I drank) I had a terrible dream. In my dream I was driving my car and it was out of control and I couldn't slow down. I was hitting other cars and causing accidents left and right. My son was in the car with me as well! When I was finally able to pull over, I got my son out of the car and he was safe, and sound asleep. The fire trucks and ambulances were all there. Some of the medics were vomiting because people were hurt so badly because of what I had done. I was saying "It's all my fault, my car was out of control!" I was holding my son so tightly and feeling so ashamed. I couldn't believe all the carnage I had caused.

That was a re-occurring dream I have about my car going our of control, but the first time it ended in tragedy.

Pretty significant, huh?

edited to add that I am never drunk or drinking in these dreams.