View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 05:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Well as already stated, a sponsors primary purpose is to take a sponsee through the steps........PERIOD! Now if the sponsee seeks advice or guidance from thier sponsor that is okay.

I know guys who have in early sobrity wanted/needed firm guidance from a sponsor, I have seen others who simply needed the ES&H of a sponsor to go thru the steps, I have seen sponsors that are more then capable of helping both types of sponsees.

The one thing that no sponsor should be is a sponsee's boss!

rika I encourage you to be totally honest with your sponsor, tell her your feelings about sharing at this time, if she is understanding & backs off the pressure you may want to consider keeping her, but always keep in mind that you can swithch sponsors any time you wish, just check your motives for doing it, is it to get the heat off or because you seek more solid sponsorship?

BTW rika you may be able to teach your sponsor something, ask her to read "The Family Afterward". In it she will find the following:

But this does not mean that we disregard human
health measures. God has abundantly supplied this
world with fine doctors, psychologists, and practitioners
of various kinds. Do not hesitated to take your
health problems to such persons. Most of them give
freely of themselves, that their fellows may enjoy
sound minds and bodies. Try to remember that
though God has wrought miracles among us, we
should never belittle a good doctor or psychiatrist.
Their services are often indispensable in treating a
newcomer and in following his case afterward.
Make sure she reads the last line in what I quoted about the newcomer, if she balks at that then getting a new sponsor may be in order.