View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 05:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I can only speak from my early sobriety career choices. Right before I went into detox I found out that the company I was working for had lost the contract I was working........ Funny thing but I was far more concerned about going into detox at that popint & was so messed up over the next few months due to being still in the fog as I call it I did not worry about it.

Once the fog began to lift I was faced with making a decision, find another job with my old company or accept the offer from the folks who won the contract?

I spoke to my sponsor, other folks in the fellowship & my wife........... with thier input I decided to take the offer from the new company mainly because it was a nice pay raise & I would simply continue to do the same job I was already doing.

Either choice would have meant a good deal of change, one would have been the stress of a totally new job working with my old company, the other being taking the position with the new company & only having to adjust to the new company.

After a great deal of prayer, meditation, & talking with others I took the offer of the new company........... simply in my eyes less stress for my early sobriety.

I would suggest that you talk to others, pray & meditate, decide which path right now in early sobriety would put you in the best position to focus on your recovery, there is nothing that can stop you from pursuing the other path when you are ready. Let your heart/HP lead you in the end.

BTW I was not thinking of it when I made my decision, but due to me changing companies I will start drawing a retirement check April 1 from my old company.