View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 07:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Thats great nice one!!!!

Oh yeah i remember those thoughts about what if i want to drink, i think ill just see how this goes and not tell anyone it is anonymous after all...i went to a couple of meetings years before i finally did the steps of AA, in hindsight i think i kind of knew that this would be the end of that life for me and was scared...but...whatever happens the very best thing i could have done would have been to keep going to meetings and following their suggestions, i don't think i would have liked to do that 8 years ago but i do believe that some of it would have sunk in and with the right person coming into my life at one of the meetings i might have got sober a lot earlier...who knows...keep going:-)

Want to hear a good one, in 2002 my brother came to spain to visit me, i had told him i was going to AA, been to about 3 meetings i guess, a couple of his friends came down and they were all going to Puerto Banus for a night out...i managed to 'convince' him that AA had told me that it was ok to drink as long as it was a special occasion, he kept taking the drinks i ordered until finally he gave in and i was off again....for another few years!!!!!!!!!!! How screwed up is our thinking when we are active...hope you get it and good luck!