Old 03-24-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stircraz
stircraz

Sober, but how long does these symptoms last??

Hi folks!

I guess I start with my story. I am a stay home mom of two grown children who has chronic pain from several sources. I have back problems, arthritis, fibromyalgia and a few other things that went wrong in my years. I am 46 and I feel I have slept or been in a coma most of the last 16 years. I have been on hydrocodone 10 in VERY LARGE QUANTITIES (from the doctor) for about 16 years now. I was on 240 a month!! And, Methadone 10mg 160 per month, and another drug called Trileptal 300 mg 90 a month, PLUS Celebrex 200 mg 30 a month, PLUS Nuvigil 250 mg 30 per month!!!! This was ALL prescribed by a pain care doctor I trusted. I was so out of it and depressed. Then, when the you-know-what hit the fan in the news about over prescribed meds from doctors, my doctor turned me out. No help except a prescription for Clonodine for withdrawal....I am so sick, so tired, so hurt. This has been over a month ago and I am still going through something. My stomach hurts like hell and I can't seem to keep anything in for more than 2 hours till I have to hit the bathroom again. I have already been in to my regular docs office and had to have two things of IV fluid put in me along with medications to help my stomach. I have been prescribed Lomotil, and Phenegrin for the diarrhea and upset stomach. I have already gone through that and I'm on my third bottle of Kayopectate, plus my doc prescribed a couple of other meds which are Kapidex and Symax Duotabs. But, I have another appointment this Friday because I'm still in a lot of pain in my gut and have severe diarrhea. I have another weird symptom, too....every time I try to eat, I start sneezing. I'm taking Tylenol for my pain and slurping down this Kayo every 2 hours, but I really don't know what to do because I am on my 4th week off the junk and STILL having issues. My pain care doctor didn't even call me when I was so sick I didn't show up for my last appointment....my mom placed numerous calls into his office (front desk & nurse phone) with no response. I am calling a lawyer! What do you guys think? I can't even leave my house, I can't do anything due to the pain and diarrhea. I don't know where to turn. Please, any encouraging words would be great here.

Thanks!

stircraz