Thread: Is AA for me?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 08:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I know I don't want it on my medical record
Beleive it or not, you DO want it on your medical record, there are many meds that can lead to a relapse, but if the doctor knows one is a recovering alcoholic they will prescribe different things that work just as well.

You do know that it is illegal for your medical records to be released to anyone without your written permision.

If you are averaging a 12 pack a day you need to let your doctor know. They can give you meds to make withdrawals easier & safer.

The one thing that recovery centers around is honesty!!! Without honesty recovery from my experience is impossible.

Part of my recovery has led me to realizing there is NO shame in being a recovering alcoholic, I do not advertise it, but it is not a secret either.

Hey I used to be the neighborhood drunk, now I am a trusted part of my community!

See your doctor & be honest, your Dr. can help & you will not be the first alcoholic pateint they have had and sure will not be the last...... normally though they are telling thier alcoholic patients that if they do not quit drinking they are going to die!