View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 10:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
water4ever

Unhappy Anxiety after 3 months of being sober

Hi All,

I am 28 year old now and I have quit drinking after 5-6 years for drinking. I started drinking at the age of 22 and I use to drink 2-3 times a months till I was 26. From 26 to 28 , I drank every night (2-3 pecks of scotch). It was last year in december when I felt urge of drinking in morning when I was in office (It was a lot on anxiety feeling), that was a alarm for me. I met my doctor and he gave me librium and I stopped drinking from that day. Its been 3 months now.

I am not sure I am alcoholic or not and I dont wanaa know the answer too, as I have decided that I wont drink again knowing that this worst feeling of anxiety is caused by it, also that I am having problem now to go through tough science papers/jornals (which is my job, and I love my job). My whole hard work for my studies looks to be going in drain, and I wont let it happen anyways!

Now here is what I am doing from past 3 months:
1) Going gym daily at night (usually at the same time, when I use to drink).
2) Drinking sparkling water, if I need to be in social comapny of drinkers.
3) Keeping myself busy.
4) Taking Vitamis (not daily though)
5) Taking good diet.

Here is what I am facing after 3 months of quitting:
1) I feel anxiety 2-3 days a week in the evening, all day long I am fine, feeling good and working nicely in my office, but when I come home it becomes really difficult some times.
2) The anxiety symptopms includes: light headness, short breath (rarely), strange feelings, butterfly stomach, worry feelings. Overall, it's not at all good feeling.
3) My sleeping is perfect ( I sleep for 7 hours) and I am happy with it atleast
4) I dont have ANY cravings for drinking.
5) I crave for smoking and feel bad after smoking.

Note: I so smoke 2-3 times a day and trying to quit.

It will be great if some guys here can guide me that till when I will be having this strange feeling of anxiety? I am really fed up of this! I don't wana take any pill to fix it, I wana go any natural way to fix it. Please suggest guys!!

Thanks in advance to all, you guys surely rock, I got a lot of support from this website and now I decided to join this and share my exp!!

:A108: