View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 03:05 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
RacerX

Originally Posted by Stayinfree View Post
Tazman53 and anvilhead.

Maybe I'm just being extremely sensitive....2 days sober does that....and maybe you also both missed the post where I also said I had asked for a sponsor, because I cannot do it alone anymore?

I took both your posts to be quite angry and accusing towards me. Maybe you both never had feelings like I have....maybe you were able to identify you were an alcoholic and stop drinking, never to relapse?? I'm just glad you both aren't in the AA meeting's I go to...or maybe you would be a bit nicer to someone struggling with alcoholism on a face to face basis.
Stayinfree,

This might be stating the obvious, but please remember that we are all wired differently (although us alcoholics have a few more wires in common than most people!). What I'm trying to say is that what motivates and inspires some people might be a huge insult and a deterent to others. Just remember that no matter how something comes across in here, rest assured that the motive is still one of kindness - wanting to see alcoholics get and remain sober.

If that doesn't work then I would encourage you to take the path that I've been taught in AA - take what sticks and leave the rest. Quick disclaimer on that quote, however. Before you leave something, make sure you aren't just dodging something that might hit a little too close to home.

Take care, stay sober, and know that you are among friends.

RacerX