View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Think of what the wine will lead to? Is it happy, smiley times? I ain't read your story but I'm guessing you joined SR for a reason? Is it the wine that you're missing or is it that feeling of being intoxicated and chemically high?

I know for me that there was never just a few drinks but a total and utter drink till passout session, whether with company or on my own I didn't care. Ultimately you can only stay sober if you don't pick up that first drink. Everything else has to stem from there. It's hard and can seem like a laborious graft at times but what is the alternative? Back to square one again?

Do you want a life free from that chemical prison? Maybe you can only have a few glasses of wine? I know for me that as soon as I take a drop then "I ain't leaving till I'm heaving" but then that's because I'm an alkie. Are you an alcoholic? If so then that wine can't be an option.

Just for today don't drink and you will gain strength from it. You can only recover if you don't pick up.

I don't wish to sound forceful or anything but I know that for me when I was thinking along similar lines then I needed a reality check. Me an drinking a few never happened and never will happen and more importantly I wouldn't have wanted it to happen. Maybe you are different to me as everyone is different but ultimately you must be on SR for a reason and I guess it's the result of booze.

All The Best.