View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dax

For many years my husband went to way too many AA meetings. 2 TO 3 on mon, 1on Wed. 2 on friday, and he was gone most of every weekend for years. all day going to meetings. he wasa socializing with all his AA friends and I was not included. I made my own life.I have many non program friends. I horseback ride and do many other animall related activities. I am closer iof course to our 2 children than he is. MR AA was always away helping others. I f you live with an alcoholic drinking or sober. you will not be number one priority. Accept this. Sobriety and AA friends come first. It is not a normal marriage by any means. But at lest I know if he dies or I leave him, I can certainly get along without him. I did so for years especially when he was having his AA affair. I was never jealous of AA- now I am. No one with many years of sobriety needs this many meeting. He nows stays sober just fine on a lot less. Now we do trade offs. If one of us does something with others , we try to do something special together. I am now at lesat on par with sobriety. Only took 39 years of marriage to get there. dax