Old 03-21-2010, 03:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Spawn

Originally Posted by Mek0455 View Post
I've been drinking since the summer before freshman year and smoked weed for the first time spring of my freshman year. I am now a junior (in high school) and I've gotten in trouble quite a few times with my parents with both weed and alcohol. It usually results in them making me feel terrible, me being grounded, and promising myself that I will stop. I've tried so hard to change many times, because I know I hurt my parents by doing it, and also it's well known that I do it throughout school.( it's not like I'm the only one but you know what I mean) especially during the summer, I do it more frequently, I'm drunk or high probably 4 times a week. During the school year it's less because I play sports and stuff. Maybe once every two or three weekends sometimes more.

The problem is, whenever I try to change, and stop doing them, I just can't. I love the feeling of being drunk or high way too much to give it up. I've really tried soo hard to. But it gets to a point where at 4 or 5 months, I just can't resist any longer. I get this burning in my belly that's only satisfied when I go out and party.

My question is... Do you think I have a problem? I don't know if this is considered an addicion since I don't do it allll the time, but it's definately not something I can peacefully live with out. How can I change? I would really appreciate any help I can get, this is a problem I have been strugglig with for years and I don't want to mess up my life. :/

p.s. I'm a girl, I don't know if that matters...
This sentence alone says it all. Normal people don't like the feeling of booze or drugs,..........if you nip it in the but now you can probably save yourself a world of hurt and disappointment. Maybe you can get help through your school? Just ask some-one,...and don't feel bad about a problem because it takes a bigger person to face up to something then it does to simple ignore it.

My drinking and what not started in high school and I'll tell you it held me back from reaching my full potential,....it kept up until I was 33 and had nothing for the third time,....trust me when I say it's not worth it! That feeling of being high or drunk isn't real,...it takes so much away from you.
"Please ask for help" And you know you can aways keep in touch with us!