View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 01:48 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
lighthouselady

new at being a parent of an addict

I am new to posting and new to being a parent of an addict. I do not know how you survive. My life has been and is a living hell. My daughter is on the street, I have no idea where she is and no one will help me to find her. She is 17, involved in drugs, prostitution and God only know what else. My second biggest fear is that she will die before she gets out of this life, my first biggest fear is that she will die and I will not know it. I pray daily for her to call me, I struggle daily with fear and panic and helplessnes. I try to be strong but it hurts so much. I feel so alone and I do not understand how she can chose to do this to her family that loves her so much. She was in treatment and doing well for about six months then ran and went back to the life style. She made a concious decision to do that, how can she prefer being a drug addict and prostitute to being my daughter? I would give anything to help her, I would give up my life to save hers if I could. Some days the pain is unbearable.