View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ANGELINA243
We Do Recover

Thank you for sharing and being honest--which is something I have always admired about you--your ability to just throw it all out there...how you feel, what's going on with you. Reaching out/asking for help during a tough time when, also while still new to being clean the emotions are still sometimes all over the place. You said it yourself--you must stay clean.

"the house is really making the difference in me actually commiting and staying clean.
But then I wonder do I really need to be in the house ...."

Either way--recovery must come first--whether you choose to leave and continue with meetings/IOP or stay in the house is your decision to make. If you decide to leave and try to make it work at home and if things don't work out, would going back to this sober living facility still be an option---could you go back later if you needed to as long as you were still doing the recovery deal. "Brother"--I won't tell you what to do, but I would suggest prayer. I know that helps me when I feel torn--when I don't know which way to go....what decision to make...I take those thoughts directly to my Higher Power. Just know that you are not alone. You have many people here that care about you and want the best for you and your recovery. Spend time with your family tomorrow and talk with your Aunt and Uncle--maybe then you will be able to better decide what to do or at least come to a conclusion and also hopefully have some "peace of mind" about it.