Thread: Omg!!
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 05:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Charlotte2276

Thanks everyone! I went for a walk with the dog and feel better. Weekdays are one thing but the weekends are what kills me. Looooonnnnggg days! But, I have two children and instead of being lazy all day and tired from drinking the night before maybe I'll have some energy and/or will to get up and play with them! It's the hours of 5-7 that are hard for me, that's when I drank. After work while I make supper and one with dinner, then if my husband went upstairs with the kids to get them ready for bed..I might sneak another in.

Anyway, thanks for your kind words and advice. I see a running theme of AA and I understand what a great program it is if it helped so many people. I do have a bit of a concern with the whole God influence, mainly because I don't know where I stand right now in my beliefs. Funny, I used to pray every night but I felt like I was always doing it because I felt guilty if I didn't..and then I just stopped. Over the past week I've tried again hoping that maybe something would make me feel different. My uncle, who has about 19 years sober, was a real bad alcoholic..first thing in the morning he opened a beer for almost my whole childhood..He lost everything and then one day he checked into rehab and said he had a religious moment and he never drank again.

I wrote him a letter but I haven't sent it.

Is AA about religion?