View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Shellslove
Friend

I'm sorry, are you serious??? I don't get how no one else is saying this but WTF???? This sounds incredibly sketchy to me and I'd question the doctor (and his license) again. I realize that any type of ORT is going to be subjective to to the person, and I'm not calling you a liar, but at that high of a dosage??? I sure as he!! I wasn't 'skipping days' or weaning myself down really low unless I was out of pills early due to over use, just being honest here. I've heard of skipping days when you're trying to come off altogether and are on super low doses, but at 14 mg?? Skipping 3 days sounds like a set-up for the quickest way to relapse!

I don't have any clue why your doctor would tell you to do this, and frankly, I think it's reckless and irresponsible, esp. considering your history with addiction, Beck. I guess it makes sense theoretically that you'll still have sub in your system due to the half-life...but you're probably going to be at the least, uncomfortable, at the worst, hard core jonesing for a damn pill! (whether it be physical or mental.) And not giving you ideas, but you could def. use over that (whether or not you'd feel anything is a diff. story.) I just don't understand that at all. I could see him having you slowly go down, like asking you to wean to 12mg or 10 mg first, but going off the pills altogehter??? Irresponsible and completely defeats the purpose of the REPLACEMENT therapy!!

The point is to keep you comfortable while you work a recovery - learning the tools you need and setting a support system in place so you are ready for the inevitable taper off the medication. 'Willing' yourself to 'not' take suboxone off of 14 mg is flat out useless in my book, and this puts your recovery into SERIOUS jeporady. Messing with doses like this seems completely contradictory to ORT and if I were you I'd get get real honest with myself real quick - if this is truly something recommended to you byu your doctor??? than I'd get another doctor, and ASAP!