View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RacerX

2 Months Sober!!

Hi All,

I just wanted to check in as I'm at the 2 month sober mark and feeling great!

I had my first business trip since getting sober and things went really well. I just let my coworkers kow that I'm no longer drinking due to health reasons (which is true - I have high blood pressure) and that was enough. In fact, they were really, really supportive of my new life style.

Anyways, for those of you just starting out or considering stopping drinking, it is SO worth it! I am past the whole "how can I go the rest of my life without alcohol" thinking and now I just am so thankful that I have my health, my family, my job, etc, etc.

It's funny. I used to think that alcohol was everything and now I realize that this was yet another lie I told myself day after day. The only thing alcohol was to me was a brick wall to keep me from experiencing everything that life has to offer. Yes, life can still be tough and, no, the road is not all roses. That said, I can now deal with the temporary road blocks and get on to living a joyful existence.

Sorry for the long e-mail but I'm just very grateful that I'm sober today and I wanted to let everyone know that I am indeed still here and living the wonderful, sober life!

RacerX