View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 10:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MidwestSheRides

Originally Posted by BlueBlaze View Post
...Makes you bat crap crazy. I have been on the board for a couple of weeks now and it has helped me so much. Makes me feel that I am not alone.
Welcome, Blue. No, you are not alone by any stretch of the imagination. It was easy for me to keep my drinking private, live alone, a loner type to begin with. I'd get 3-4 days sober cuz I didn't want to live the way I was living anymore, but then I felt like I couldn't take it anymore and I'd be off rotating liquor stores, making excuses for not showing up like Dee, ignoring bills, dishes, laundry, my hygiene, my health, my car, my bike, family, friends, work, etc.

A few years ago, when I told a few family members and 1 or 2 friends that I was-then in detox, going to oupatient, starting going to 12 step meetings, they were all surprised. No one had a clue. Now I mention on occasion to them that I'm headed into a meeting or club or doing a sober event, but they don't ask about it. They don't know the whole story anyways, but some of my closer sober friends do.

All I know is I can't pick up the bottle today...I don't want 'bat crap crazy' on my to-do list today.