View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 10:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ghal

[QUOTE=BlueBlaze;2545479]I get sober for a couple of days then my body starts to show signs on my addiction.QUOTE]

I am trying to understand this? Are you saying after about 48 hours you show bad signs of withdrawals like Sweats, shakes, etc? I ask because that is about the time the WD peaks for many alcoholics. I am not sure how much you drink though. It is different for everyone. I think you should go see your DR and let him/her know exactly what you shared here. They might prescribe something to get you 4-5 days down the road and out of the tough WD process. At least then you can start to work on your recovery and not worry about anyone seeing signs of WDs.

Also, IMO, I would not tell a lot of people you are trying to get sober early on. I would only tell very close family and friends that love you and that you trust. Later on, after you are down the road, you can make an educated decision about who to tell and what to tell them. Right now just take things easy and focus on staying sober ONE day at a time.