View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 09:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi BlueBlaze

First off, I know lots of folks here who've never said a word to anyone, but they got sober. Don't let your alcoholic mind rationalise excuses for you.

To be frank, there's no valid excuse for drinking once we accept what it does to us.

I think it's common not to want to be 'revealed' tho, and I get it...I spent a lot of time rotating liquor stores and hiding empties, making excuses why I couldn't do things when I was hungover or strung out...you're not alone. I spent years drinking trying to maintain the facade. Insanity.

I think Carol's right tho - we like to think we've got the lid down tight and noone knows...but *very* few of us are actually that good - I'm pretty sure those close to you probably know more than you think.

I told everybody - only to find they already knew....and looking back, I really did have a big neon sign on my head. You might have one too, I dunno.

Whether or not your secrets safe or not, your drinking is harming you.
The only way out is to stop.

I think secrets can be harmful, and I believe support is vital, but it's up to you.

Tell people, don't tell people - but don't drink over it, BB. That's just picking at the wound.

D