View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 06:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

How do I celebrate now that I am sober?

I live life to its fullest, totally aware of my surroundings & what I am doing. When I drank I got drunk & usually did not even recall half of the prior day & darn sure was not awre of what I was living.

Have you ever woke up in the morning & wish you had gotten drunk the night before?

I celebrate many things by living them, not getting drunk & forgetting them, I celebrate that I will not embarass myself or my family by being drunk, instead I carry on intelligent conversations, I dance if the occasion warrants it & have a great time because no one I ask to dance turns me down because I am drunk. I play games because I am sober & can do so instead of sitting on the sidelines getting drunker & not participating.

I used to think the same thing.... How will I ever have a good time if I am not escaping reality? It has turned out that reality is awesome when I am part of it instead of drunk & escaping it.

I get invited to far more things since I am sober then I ever did when I was drinking. My family today likes me being there.......... SOBER. I enjoy being there sober.

When you were a kid did you get drunk at your 6th B-Day party? Did you have a good time?