View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 06:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

If I don't go to a meeting will I be headed in that direction eventually?
I would say no if with SR & whatever else you can grasp on to you find a path that leads you to where Anna suggest:

Balance is the crucial issue in my life and so that means physically, spiritually and mentally to help my recovery every day.
Anna & others did not need the face to face support & guidance I needed. What Anna mentions is what I found in the fellowship of AA & the program of AA.

One thing I have seen in common both in & outside of AA is that those with long term sobriety have developed a solid balance of the physical, mental & spiritual life.

What I needed that I found in AA was a book with a path spelled out that leads one to a balanced way of living life with a proven track record along with a group of people who had followed that path & are living the principles that were more then willing to lead & support me as I followed the same path.

I could never have found that balance of the physical/mental/spiritual needs to stay happily sober.

Seek your own path, stay honest with yourself, be open minded & willing to do what ever it takes to stay sober and find balance, some can find this balance without AA & others can't. Keep in mind, no matter what, if you can not find your own path as others have that the doors of AA are open to any one.

The founders of AA were well aware there were others paths to sobriety other then AA & they supported those paths, they just have shared with others what worked for them & what has worked for myself & millions of others.