View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 06:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On my path.

Thank you for everything.

Your prayers, your advice, you suggestions and your presence.

He is in special ed. Almost all of his day is spent with just a few kids that have needs similar to his. His teacher is fantastic, understanding and well versed in the behavior of FAS kid.

We acctually have contacted our state representative about his care and our assistance from the government with him. My husband is still angry about how he was placed in our home. We are currently in the process of changing case managers/social workers.

We are all in counselling. The kids go to sibling groups through ARC and my husband and I go to two different wonderfully helpful therapists.

I have not gone back to alcohol. The statement 'there is nothing that alcohol cannot make worse' vibrates with me. But this need to just numb out and not feel, not think, for a little bit is so strong. I won't drink, since I didn't sleep - I think I will take a nap.

Thank you for being here at 11:55 p.m. to remind me that I am not alone. Yesterday I read something here that fits this situation. Here is a paraphrase - the wolf is as strong as the pack and the pack is as strong as the wolf. Thank you for being a part of my pack.