Old 03-16-2010, 09:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Originally Posted by getr345 View Post
There is no wife, just an x-gf; the mother of his child, they never married. Ironically, I thought when they were having the baby that they should get married (just a belief I have that when you're having a baby, you get married, you know; too many single parents in the word, whatever..) anyway...if they had married she would be entitled to half, now I don't know what she is entitled to. I have heard that he did offer her half and she refused, not sure how true either part of that story is. Part of me thinks she should take the money offered because she may never get another chance like this to secure his contribution for their child, he has a history of being a noncontributory parent, always broke, dependent on her financially up until very recently when he finally moved out of their shared apartment. Then came the million dollars...and now his x says he is more depressed than ever...
From expeirnce after a big win, in this case very big, a gambler will give some money away or will buy huge presents for people close to him...the rest will he will gamble then with a relatively clear conscience...if he is offering his ex and baby half they should take it NOW!

Also problem/compulsive gambling has nothing to do with the Big Win like people think it is about the high and loss of self in the act of gambling, just like with drinking, just like the drugs...there is no big win just like there is no enough for an alcoholic when drinking...and there is little joy even if another person thought the win/night was fantastic.

Like was pointed out maybe he will pay off his mortgage or buy a house then spend the rest of his miserable life pissed out of his mind until the money runs out or they put him into a box?! Can't see that being a lot better myself!