Old 03-16-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
littlefish

If he is depressed after winning this much money, he is SO suffering from addiction and alcohol issues. When I was drinking, I always felt hugely depressed after great things happened to me.
If someone can get through to him, maybe he should consider putting a few controls in place. He might even like the idea because it's possible he is feeling very overwhelmed, and if there is a sensible little thought in his head, he knows this amount of money could be very dangerous for him.

One thing he could do is invest the money and get some returns on it. He should go to the nearest bank and get some investment advice. With that kind of money, he could see some fantastic returns on the money, and investing it will also mean that he will have to wait before he can have access to some of it. Really good CD's are usually locked for example up to 6 months and even much longer. But the returns are very good.

Looking into savings and investment plans might also help him see the practical side of it all and bring him a little more down to earth...and not just see the whoopppeeee aspect of it.