View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004, 04:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dawn10

It is hard to remember, but I think it was a couple of months before I felt really good physically. I too, went on antidepressants and that helped me alot. I also was in weekly therapy with an addicitions therapist and did the 12 step meetings. All combined, kept me going both physically and emotionally fairly well. One of the things both my therapist and my sponsor told me that REALLY helped me was to do something different each day out of the routine I had been in while using. AS addicts we become so imeresed in using and the routines that go along with using that by conciously making the effort to be different, we can train our mind to avoid that craving. For me, I used after I came home from work, so I would watch TV and wait for the effects of the pills to kick in. Once I stopped using I made an effort to do something after work, even as simple as getting groceries, washing the car, etc, and it helped.
I hope you are under medical care, because it will be so much easier for you in the long run. Keep on keeping on! :shades: