View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 02:32 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
noubledegative

Originally Posted by augustwest View Post

Way to go!!! I can really relate to your post. I've got 77 days today and have lost 36 pounds since getting clean. I eat very healthy food, mostly organic vegetables and grains and exercise regularly. Life has never been better.

Congrats to everyone for another day clean and serene! Namaste.
me 3!

well, havt lost much weight (didnt have it to lose) but am pretty much living of fresh raw veges, fresh juices & other health products (cacao, spirilina, barley grass, hemp seed etc) no saturated fats, no dairy & very little meat. (havnt had any in the last month)

I am feeling great for it...some of you might remember in an earlier post, i mentioned i have fibromyalgia chronic pain & take +/_ 16 pain pills a day for it.
i blame the 12 years of drinking and poor diet for my condition.

well good news i havnt taken any medication in 1 month and am improving daily. i contribute the raw diet, alcohol avoidance & exercise (qi gong) to this to the improvement.

also, and this is interesting, I dont mean to sound preachy but it has made such a huge difference to my sobriety.

Over the last 3 months ive have eaten an amazing diet and my cravings for booze have all but disappeared. there were 2 weeks in the middle where i became complacent with my diet & started eating SUGAR and EMPTYCARBS (bread, pasta, noodles etc.) again, basically back to my normal diet. heres the thing! My craving for booze came back like a steam roller, my mood changed i got moody & unhappy and the pain started coming back. I ALMOST drank, look a few pages back and you'll prob see my state of mind, was not good at all. Anywayz a good friend of mine helped me get back on track with the diet & 2 weeks later i was absolutely fine again.

The direct link between healthy raw food & state of mind, especially cravings, happyness, contentment. is PROFOUND imo

just saying

one AA meeting i went to it was someones 4 year sobriety birthday & they were handing round a HUGE bowl of lollies while everyone was sharing, i think pretty much everyone ate like 5 + lollies, some people were guttsing em down (handfulls) this disturbed me as it seems highly addictive behaviour. why AA encourages this behaviour (and ive seen it at numerous different meetings) i am baffled!

my personal experience pver the last 3months has shown to me that sugar makes you crave and unhappy etc etc. AA should get with the times & incorporate a diet aspect to the program.

also interestingly enough, i relayed on AA initially to get me sober and i am gratefull for its help. But with my new life choices dietwise, exercise wise & also being honest with myself. I think i no longer need AA. I havnt been to a meeting in 1 month...& had no problems. In fact my resolve is stronger. I will never drink again. The only reason i think ill maybe go back to the odd meeting is to maybe help other strugging alcoholics. abnd perhaps hint here an there that the coffee, biscuits & lollies so prominent in AA may in fact be keeping them "craving" and "unhappy"

end rant.

have a good one & stay strong
nd