View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Spawn

Originally Posted by leec View Post
Example: Today I remember seeing a certain computer cable somewhere in the house in the last week while I was looking for something else, and now I need it. There is no question that I had this particular cable in the house, but when I look everywhere I can possibly think of, once - twice - 3 times - it is no where to be found.

Then I sort of remember that maybe I sent it to someone with some other computer stuff -- but that was over a year ago! But at the same time I can remember SO CLEARLY seeing it just days ago. I have this crystal clear image of seeing the particular type of connector it has, almost definitely the only one of its kind I own(ed), and the color of the plastic (white).

... Buuuuut then, the more I think of it, the more I also remember giving it away a long time ago. My "crystal clear" memory ... could it be some kind of glitch from quitting drinking (5 days sober today)?

Has anyone else had this type of "false memory" as part of detoxing? It's really unnerving, because it's not forgetting (that, I could accept) but it's like "making up" a perfectly clear memory in my head. Scary!

Maybe I'm just going (more) insane?
Sounds to me like you have a lot on your mind is all. I mis-place stuff all the time,...I'm kind of used to it now. I wouldn't worry about it too much. After-all it's only a cable,.......right?