View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 04:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by beatricenyc View Post
hello all, i am a cocaine user and need help. i was sober for about year, after my life competely spiralled out of control bc of cocaine.

i use less frequently now, but i still use and i just want to stop. its painful and i would love to talk to anyone about how i can become sober
First off Welcome to you Beatricenyc!

I am a addict of many types, still am always will be a addict, but I just don't use today. I can tell you from my own personal life experiences that once you are sick enough about how it is destroying your life, you will than take whatever necessary steps you have to in order not to use.

don't go around people that you use with, don't even answer the phone, it isn't being rude, but you must avoid them cause they will draw you back in quickly.

If you do meetings than you should do that. come here and post that saved my azzz for a lot of years.

Read some books about the disease of addiction don't have to be AA or NA but I would suggest you start with those. They are programed to get us out of addiction and into recovery.

Pray...even if you don't believe in it do it anyways it does help.

Talk to someone everyday that knows what you are going through. Just like now although the person to person is much better when you can look into someones eyes.

Hope you the best and if ya need anyone to talk with I am usually around